There’s nothing better than the feeling of comfortable ski boots and your ski boots are central to your skiing experience, both in regard to the ability to turn your skis and your day long comfort.
All movements in your skiing start with the closest link to the snow, your feet, so it’s clear why your ski boots are one of the most important elements to enjoying your skiing. Skiing in the correct boots for your ability level, foot shape and physique will make the biggest difference to your skiing comfort and your overall enjoyment.
All ski boot brands now include some form of heat mouldable customisation in their boots, including the inner liner and in some cases the plastic shell. The heat mouldable boot plastics contour to the individual lumps and bumps of your unique foot shape, so there is now no reason not to have a good fitting ski boot.
When you invest in your next pair of ski boots, make sure you get the correct advice from a specialist ski shop with a reputation for boot fitting expertise.
A good fitting ski boot means increased comfort, better edge grip, smoother turns, better posture on your skis, more performance and less aching legs!
Top Tips on buying and fitting:
· knowledgeable boot fitter will help and guide you to choosing the appropriate boot.
· measure the length and width of your foot and take in to consideration the overall shape and movement of your foot and leg.
· shop with a good range of boots so the fitter can recommend an appropriate model for your foot shape, skiing ability and style of skiing.
· – it’s more important that you get the correct boot.
· Buying abroad may be an idea as many shops in the ski resorts have sales towards the end of the season.